So 2013 is over. New year, new projects! This year I have a lot of new resolutions. Mostly that involve being more creative. If you’re like me and you have no plans for tonight then here is an idea on what you can do to be productive and ring in the new year! Today I will be talking about Geeky Calender wall art! This is an easy project to not only have a bit of fun staying home tonight, but to actually be a bit more green. Instead of throwing out all that paper, keep it for years to come! This also works for non-geeky wall art.
Calender Project: So 2014 is about to begin and you have that super awesome Calender you got yourself that probably cost an arm and a leg. For me over 5 bucks is an arm or a leg for a calender. If you don’t have a cool 2013 calender you can go your local shops and or stores that sell calenders and get them on sale. I got a Dark Knight, South Park, Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter and Inuyasha at my local geek store for 5 bucks. Not each! All together!!! This may not work for all calenders. Like my LOTR calender had half bodies. I’ll show you what to do with those too.
Materials you’ll need:
- Your choice of frame, if you want to make one here is a list of DIY frames: Frame Ideas Here
- If you want a poster just grab thumb tacks and ignore the frame option above
- Open up to the middle of the calender. There you should see the butt of the staples.
- Use your scissors to pry open staples.
- Gently pull out all the calender’s pages.
- If your calenders have art that only take up one page then you can go ahead and cut down the middle of the crease line where the art separates from the date.Just frame or use as posters and you’re done!
- If you have a half art half date page that coincides with another page your are going to have to play favorites.
- Choose what you are willing to glue on.
- Take the top half of your art and DO NOT CUT ON THE CREASE!
- Take the bottom half of the art and separate it from what ever doesn’t match.
- Check to see if the pieces fit, like a giant puzzle.
- Glue onto bottom half of calender. Here is a picture explanation below of what it will look like.
- Click on image for larger view.
- Also, sorry about the super distracting background. I really like collecting posters and prints.
Well I hope you all enjoy today’s tutorial and have a safe new years. No blowing off your own fingers, ya hear? What are your New Years resolutions? Let us know in the comments below!
- Working out more
- Eating healthier
- Become a full time student
- Blog more
- Get a job with less hours so I can focus on school
- Get my license
- Get a car
- Not half assing my cosplays
- Do at least 5 official pages of my novel
- Write at least 10 short stories I love
- Read 50+ books/graphic novels
- Stay organized